Claire LaurentManager, Lawyer & IP Specialist
- Patents, trade marks and designs
- International filing & prosecution
- Branding & Trade Mark Selection
- IP Procedures
- IP strategy
- Lawyer in the High Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of NSW
- Awarded NSW Bar Association Prize for Professional Responsibility and Ethics (UWS)
- Bachelor of Laws (UWS)
- Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) (UWS)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law – St Leonards)
- Graduate Certificate in Practical Legal Training (College of Law – St Leonards)
- Entitled to practise as a Solicitor or Barrister from 2009
Claire is an award winning lawyer who has turned her attention to IP Management, trade marks and branding strategy. Claire manages the operation of IP& (and our related companies) to ensure the on time and expert delivery of our services. Claire has extensive knowledge of Australian trade mark law and has a flair for online branding and the successful registration of trade marks. Claire also has a deep understanding of the broader intellectual property environment in Australia, New Zealand and Internationally.
Claire has a keen interest in Australian online start-up companies and has specialised knowledge in relation to brand protection in the online market place, general retail and fashion.
Prior to joining IP&, Claire was the Practice Manager and Solicitor at one of Australia’s largest specialist law firms. In this role, she combined both managing daily operations of the firm whilst assisting with the delivery of specialised legal advice.
With her background in both law and advertising, Claire also provides our Clients with technical writing, marketing and online advertising assistance.